The following work has been completed.
- Connecting the paths drainage system to the River Cole the reason this wasn’t done originally was because we didn’t have the right Environment Agency permit to do this.
- Trimming back some of the trees along the route to clear them from the street lights.
- Putting concrete surrounds at the base of all the street lighting columns â€“ these are to protect the column below the ground from water getting into the electrics.
- Some extra footway surfacing on the path near to Deva Close on Merlin Way, just to tidy it up and remove a small surfacing defect in this area.
- Resurfacing the northern bus stop on Covingham Drive which we didn’t have enough money to do in the original scheme.
- Install bollards at the start and end points of the pedestrian / cycle route to discourage vehicle access, particularly in the northern area which travellers have been known to use in the past will be fitted shortly.